A virtualized iSCSI storage platform for View deployments
Virtual desktop solutions based on Dell™ EqualLogic™ iSCSI storage and VMware View can enable full data protection, centralized control, simplified life-cycle management and low total cost of ownership (TCO).
Dell EqualLogic PS Series iSCSI SAN and FS Series NAS appliance solutions provide scalable, high-performance, virtualized storage solutions designed for efficiency, agility and resiliency.
Automated workload balancing and tiering capabilities, combined with Solid State Drives (SSDs) and lower cost SAS and NL-SAS disks, provide a consistent balance of cost and performance. EqualLogic mitigates read-intensive I/O storms by automatically migrating the most frequently accessed blocks of data to the high-performance SSD drives. To ensure optimal write performance, EqualLogic combines dedicated SSD write-cache with accelerated RAID 6 technology.
Dell EqualLogic combines industry-leading Fluid Data architecture capabilities with tight hypervisor integration, simplified SAN and NAS management and familiar Ethernet technology to provide an enterprise storage solution that enables IT to deliver successful pilot and production-level VMware View VDI solutions.
- Automatic load balancing and tiering capabilities that optimize data placement to mitigate I/O storm concerns
- Well-known, cost effective Ethernet iSCSI technology that leverage your existing IT skills set
- Simplified architecture enabling production deployment in minutes, not days
- Thin provisioning eliminates the upfront costs of over-provisioning
- Scale-out architecture that scales both performance and capacity to help successful transition from pilot to production
- Hypervisor integration tools to help streamline operations, simplify virtual desktop management and ensure optimal end user desktop performance