With disk-level storage virtualization, granular system intelligence and StorageLink integration, the Dell Compellent Storage Center SAN is an ideal storage platform for Citrix XenServer environments. Storage virtualization amplifies the benefits of server virtualization, creating a shared pool of storage available to all XenServer virtual machines (VMs) all the time.
With Dell Compellent, storage is presented to XenServer hosts simply as disk capacity, regardless of disk type, RAID level or server connectivity. Multiple VM requests are processed simultaneously, increasing application performance, as read/write operations are spread across all drives. And Live Volume software acts as a storage hypervisor, complementing XenMotion with automated movement of storage volumes between arrays in sync with VMs between hosts.
The Dell Compellent Storage Adapter for Citrix StorageLink streamlines server and storage administration, enabling users to manage storage directly through a XenCenter, Citrix Essentials for XenServer or Citrix Essentials for Hyper-V interface. Administrators can rapidly deploy workloads using space-efficient snapshots, create and map thin-provisioned datastores, schedule continuous snapshots, recover and mount LUNs to any host, set automated tiering profiles, and setup and test replications.
- Amplify the benefits of server virtualization by creating a shared pool of virtualized storage available to all VMs all the time
- Create storage for hundreds of VMs without wasted capacity, and manage all provisioned VMs and volumes through a single interface
- Speed the deployment of VMs from a centralized space-efficient snapshot-based boot image
- Move volumes between arrays in sync with VM movement between hosts, with volumes automatically following VMs based on I/O locality
- Streamline server and storage management with the Dell Compellent Storage Adapter for Citrix StorageLink