Data is the new growth driver, and virtualization delivers the efficiency, flexibility and scalability to support that growth. But server virtualization is only the first step. To realize true data center virtualization from the desktop to the cloud, organizations need a virtualized storage system with built-in intelligence and automation.
The Dell Compellent Storage SAN leverages a Dell Fluid Data architecture to actively manage data at a granular level. Information about each block is captured in action, providing real-time intelligence for provisioning, storing, moving and protecting data. This continuous awareness allows storage to be virtualized across the array, creating a high-performance pool of shared storage.
Storage is presented simply as capacity, and users can provision any size virtual volumes without pre-allocating disk space. Read/write operations span all drives, allowing multiple I/O requests to be processed simultaneously. And the system dynamically restripes all data when more capacity is added for hands-free load balancing.
With Dell Compellent, data not only moves dynamically to the optimum tier and RAID level, but between arrays in sync with virtual machine movement between hosts. Integration with hypervisors streamlines storage and server management.
- Virtualize all resources across the array, creating a high-performance storage pool shared by all servers and applications
- Reduce overall storage costs and shrink the data center footprint by using real-time system intelligence to optimize utilization
- Provision any size virtual volumes without consuming physical capacity until data is written to disk
- Spread read-write operations across all drives so multiple I/O requests are processed in parallel
- Scale up on demand with hands-free load balancing and performance tuning
- Streamline storage and server management with hypervisor integration