The Dell™ PowerVault™ NX3600 and NX3610 are second generation network-attached storage (NAS) appliances that work with PowerVault MD32x0i and MD36x0i iSCSI deployments to help provide affordable unified storage solutions with access to block and file data. With unified storage, your PowerVault system stores block and file data on a single platform, improving productivity and streamlining your IT infrastructure.
Optimized for mid-size and smaller deployments, the affordable PowerVault NX3600 Series uses the Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS) v2 to enable both performance and capacity to scale without SAN or application downtime. With the MD storage backend, you can expand file or unified storage capacity up to 389TB with the NX3600 or to 1PB with the NX3610. And you can increase performance by scaling out across two NX3610 appliances within a single namespace. The NX3600 supports 1GbE connectivity to the SAN and client network while the NX3610 supports 10GbE connectivity for even faster access to file data and larger file systems.
The PowerVault NX3600 Series features an easy, wizard-based NAS configuration utility for initial setup. A Web-based user interface, NAS Manager, conveniently enables you to configure NAS storage, create and modify volumes and shares, monitor performance and perform system diagnostics. The NAS Manager also lets you set up alerts, snapshots, quotas, and replication, and supports NDMP backup.
- Supports Gb (NX3600) or 10Gb (NX3610) SAN connectivity
- Unified IP storage solution (iSCSI, CIFS, NFS) with scale-up NAS capacity
- Single file share scalability up to the full capacity of the PowerVault deployment, currently validated to 389TB with the NX3600 or to 1PB with the NX3610
- Compatible with all new and existing PowerVault MD32x0i and MD36x0i iSCSI arrays
- Replications and user accessible snapshots included in base price
- NDMP Back-Up support
- High performance, high availability Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS) v2 included