Easy-to-use Fibre Channel storage consolidation to suit a range of business needs
Dell™ PowerVault™ MD3 Fibre Channel array series offer exceptional performance, flexibility and reliability for storage consolidation and the scalability to meet unexpected business demands. Now it’s simple to improve storage utilization by combining storage resources, increasing availability with redundant hardware, and streamlining the backup process. By consolidating data and resources with a single array, you can streamline backup strategies and management.
MD3 arrays are managed by the advanced PowerVault™ MD Storage Manager software. Designed for easy user interaction with the system no matter what your level of familiarity with storage systems, it offers two different management paths and features an enterprise window that monitors multiple systems through a single interface.
MD3 arrays are combined with enhanced software features that offer superior data protection for peace of mind. Learn More.
- Enhance throughput with four 8Gb/s ports per controller for your data-intensive applications, while extending business continuity through remote replication features.
- Implement tiered-storage solutions by mixing SSD, SAS, and near-line SAS drive types to cost-effectively meet all your application, rack, and energy-efficiency requirements.
- Choose a form factor that matches your needs. The MD3 arrays are available in twelve (12) 3.5 inch hard drive form factors, twenty-four (24) 2.5 inch hard drive form factors, or in a high density enclosure that can hold up to 60 (2.5”, or 3.5”) hard drives.
- Double your cache per controller to 4GB
- Increase capacity as you grow. The 12 and 24 drive form factors can scale up to 192 drives when attached to the PowerVault MD1200 or MD1220 expansion enclosures. The 60 HDD array can expand to 180 drives in just 12U with two MD3060e specially designed, high density enclosures*.