Consolidate your storage in a shared-capacity array
While managing rampant data growth can be challenging, the versatile Dell™ PowerVault™ MD3 Family offers solutions. Optimized for smaller-scale storage consolidation and virtualization, PowerVault MD3 products include a series of high-performance SAN and direct-attached storage arrays as well as high capacity and high density enclosures, with optional high performance tiering, to deliver exceptional flexibility, scalability and value.
MD3 arrays are managed by the advanced PowerVault™ MD Storage Manager software. Designed for easy user interaction with the system no matter what your level of familiarity with storage systems, it offers two different management paths and features an enterprise window that monitors multiple systems through a single interface.
MD3 arrays are combined with enhanced software features that offer superior data protection for peace of mind. Learn More.
- Ability to connect up to four high-availability servers (or eight non-redundant servers) for balanced performance in mixed virtualized workloads
- Drivers can be mixed and matched to create a tiered data environment
- Arrays are expandable up to 192 drives using MD1200 and/or MD1220 expansion enclosures (compatible with MD3220 and MD3200); or up to 180 drives using MD3060e dense enclosures* (compatible with MD3260)
- MD1200 and MD1220 direct-attached expansion enclosures can also connect to Dell PowerEdge™ servers to provide additional capacity for high performance and data-intensive applications
- Double your cache per controller to 4GB
- Designed to pair perfectly with PowerEdge servers, the MD family uses the same components; as a result, you only need to stock a single type of spare drive, fan or power supply, enhancing support and service