The Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS4110 Series of virtualized 10GbE iSCSI SAN arrays are designed to bring enterprise-class features, intelligence, automation, and reliability to remote or branch office departmental storage deployments. The Dell EqualLogic PS4110 Series iSCSI arrays are the first PS Series 10GbE iSCSI storage arrays designed for organizations with growing storage needs.
With the same capacity, density and performance as the 1GbE PS4100 Series, the PS4110 can provide up to 177% higher sequential performance than the PS4100 Series for bandwidth-intensive applications such as streaming video and data warehousing.1 The PS4110 is a dedicated 10GbE iSCSI SAN array that allows you to leverage your existing 10GbE infrastructure with SFP+ or lower-cost 10GBASE-T. A dedicated management port segments management traffic, allowing for additional networking I/O for storage traffic.
The PS4110 is an intelligent storage array that is designed to provide simple management and seamless expansion using Dell Fluid Data™ architecture. All PS Series storage arrays include SAN configuration features and capabilities that sense network connections, automatically build RAID sets, and conduct system heath checks to help ensure that all components are fully functional.
Dell EqualLogic delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions to help you store and manage data so you can efficiently move the right data to the right place at the right time for the right cost. The PS4110 is inspired by EqualLogic users with built-in advanced software features enabling high-end storage to organizations of all sizes with no additional licensing fees. For example, PS Series arrays automatically tier data to optimize pool performance at the sub-volume level. The PS4110 Series 10GbE arrays can use Data Center Bridging (DCB) to improve Ethernet quality of service and greatly reduce dropped packets for an end-to-end iSCSI over DCB solution, from host adapters to iSCSI target.
The PS Series scales on-demand — and online — allowing storage growth without disrupting applications. As a result, EqualLogic PS4110 arrays provide exceptional flexibility at a low total cost of ownership.
- Dedicated 10GbE ports that enable you to use SFP+ or 10GBASE-T cabling
- Space-saving 2U chassis with 2.5" or 3.5" drives
- SAS, NL-SAS and NL-SAS self-encrypting drive (SED) options available
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives
- Efficient data protection and simplified management and operation of the EqualLogic SAN through tight integration with Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® host operating platforms and host applications
- A full-featured monitoring and analysis tool for EqualLogic PS storage arrays helps strengthen your ability to analyze and optimize storage performance and resource allocation
- Easy expansion by adding PS4110 arrays to existing EqualLogic storage groups (2 per group, maximum)
- Simplified network storage management with a dedicated management port