The Dell™ EqualLogic™ FS7600 Series second generation, network-attached storage (NAS) appliances work with new and existing EqualLogic block storage systems to help provide highly scalable unified storage solutions. With unified storage, your EqualLogic system stores block and file data on a single platform, improving productivity and streamlining your IT infrastructure.
File services are provided by the FS7600 Series through industry-standard CIFS/SMB and NFS protocols over standard Ethernet interfaces. The FS7600 supports 1GbE connectivity to the SAN and client network while the FS7610 supports 10GbE connectivity for even faster access to file data and larger file systems.
The FS7600 Series uses the Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS) v3 to optimize file access performance and hardware utilization while eliminating capacity constraints. Decrease the capacity needed for common enterprise data by 48% by de-duplicating and compressing redundant data when it’s no longer needed with FluidFS v3.1 In addition, FluidFS v3 furthers advanced protocol support, adds more third-party certifications, growing the ecosystem of solutions that are supported by the FS series products. It presents a single file-system namespace through a virtual IP address, regardless of cluster size, and it enables you to expand a single file system up to the capacity of the EqualLogic deployment (maximum of 509TB usable storage).
As your needs grow and change, you can easily scale your EqualLogic Unified SAN/NAS system for both capacity and performance without disrupting the storage system or applications. For more capacity, simply add more EqualLogic arrays; for increased performance, add more FS7600 Series systems.
Deployment and management of the FS7600 Series is fully integrated into EqualLogic Group Manager, including administration, monitoring and maintenance operations. Group Manager automates the initial setup and configuration of your FS7600 system, simplifying the process of creating volumes and shares.
- Unified IP storage solution (iSCSI, CIFS, NFS)
- Single file share scalability up to the full capacity of the EqualLogic deployment, currently validated to 509TB
- Asynchronous, file system-level, snapshot-based replication to peer FS7600 Series systems
- User-restorable snapshots
- NDMP Back-Up
- Compatible with all EqualLogic arrays running a current firmware version
- Integrated with Group Manager, easy-to-use EqualLogic management software, or use the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Inclusive software delivery model
- Single namespace with load balanced IO
- Mirrored, battery-backed write cache
- RAID 5, 6, 10, 50C