Advanced deduplication and compression
The Dell™ DR4100/DR4000 disk-based data protection appliance offers advanced deduplication and compression capabilities to reduce the time and cost associated with backing up and restoring data. Based on technology from Dell’s Ocarina Networks acquisition, DR Series eliminates multiple copies of the same data, letting customers keep more data online longer and reducing tape backup dependency.
Through the use of deduplication and compression technology, the DR Series can help achieve an expected data reduction ratio of 15:1. This reduction in data means fewer incremental storage needs and a smaller backup footprint. By removing redundant data, the DR Series delivers fast reliable backup and restore functionality, reduces media usage and power and cooling requirements, and improves overall data protection and retention costs.
You can extend the benefits of data deduplication across the enterprise as well – through the DR Series deduplication replication function – to provide a complete backup solution for multi-site environments. With inline 32-to-1 deduplicated replication, up to 32 nodes can be replicated simultaneously to one node. Replication can be scheduled to occur during non-peak periods and prioritizes ingest data over replication data to ensure optimal back up windows.
All DR Series appliances with DR Rapid Data Access provide tight integration with NetBackup and Backup Exec to allow them to control when backup images are created, duplicated, and deleted and to leverage the DR Series appliance as a disk. The DR Series also has seamless integration with CommVault® replicated disk libraries and supports TSM, EMC Networker and Veeam backup software solutions. The DR Series also supports Dell Quest NetVault, Oracle RMAN, CA ARCserve, and vRanger1.
- Integrates into your existing storage environment without requiring a rip and replace of existing infrastructure or investment in different software
- Scales with your needs, the DR Series has a post RAID storage capacity of 2.7TB, 5.4TB, 9TB, 18TB, or 27TB. Add up to two 9TB, 18TB or 27TB expansion shelves to and to grow your solution as your business needs evolve.
- Reduces storage and bandwidth requirements through deduplication
- Deduplicates data at the DR4100/DR4000 offloading the CPU intensive dedupe process to this purpose-built data protection appliance
- Provides 32:1 replication in which up to 32 nodes can simultaneously replicate to a single node for enhanced disaster recovery
- Helps to secure your backup data with encrypted and compressed replication between DR Series appliances
- Includes built-in data protection safe guards in both hardware and software to verify backup integrity and ensure data protection in case of power loss
- Includes an all-inclusive licensing model with no hidden costs
1 See the DR4100 datasheet for a complete list of backup software certifications.
2 Based on 15X deduplication ratio.