Scalable virtual server environments require scalable data protection capabilities. Auto-Snapshot Manager/VMware® Edition (ASM/VE) is an innovative data protection feature of the Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS Series iSCSI SAN that enables fast, online protection of VMware environments. ASM/VE provides an easy-to-use graphical interface that coordinates the creation, recovery and scheduling of PS Series snapshots and replicas with vCenter™ and VMware’s native snapshotting technology, enhancing protection, storage utilization, and performance of VMware-based virtual infrastructures. The resulting hypervisor-aware snapshots can be easily created, managed and recovered. Integrated directly with VMware’s vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI), ASM/VE understands the relationships and location of virtual machines (VMs), VMFS Datastores, and PS Series SAN-based volumes.
With intuitive SAN and VMware-centric navigation, you can easily set snapshot or replica creation schedules of individual VMs, groups of VMs, or all virtual machines, coordinating snapshot and replica creation across your entire VMware virtual data center.
- High performance, space-efficient hypervisor-aware SAN-based snapshot and replication support
- Automated, consolidated virtual machine backup and recovery
- Scalable hardware-based solution for online data protection of virtual infrastructure
- Reduced snapshot space overhead and enhanced VMware vSphere performance
- Fast recovery of individual virtual machines and VMFS DataStores
- Easy-to-navigate GUI with both SAN and VMware-centric views