For many enterprises, e-mail programs contribute most to massive data growth each year. While it is often necessary to save a significant number of these files, most are not accessed again 60 days after creation.
Dell™ archive solutions use several storage platforms and software from our ISV partners to scan incoming e-mails and move them into archives in accordance with policies established by the application. These solutions accommodate different data types, applications and customer environments. For example, e-mail data stores must take into account both the structured nature of e-mail database logs and the unstructured content of messages.
Dell’s archive solutions utilize advancements in peer-scaling iSCSI and Object Storage to offer practical benefits that help enterprises optimize storage capacity while satisfying data retention requirements.
- Lower disk capacity needs through migrating static content off of primary storage
- Compliance with specific governance and data retention requirements, regardless of capacity
- Data readily available and reduce risks normally associated with retaining data on tape
- Unlimited content storage in your messaging environment at reduced cost
- Improved backup and recovery times by moving inactive e-mail and files into archives
- Optimized storage environment non-intrusively, transparently and seamlessly