Based on Fluid Data architecture, the Dell Compellent Storage Center SAN provides built-in intelligence and automation to dynamically manage enterprise data throughout its lifecycle. Together, block-level intelligence, storage virtualization, integrated software and modular, platform-independent hardware enable exceptional efficiency, simplicity and security.
Storage Center provides a cost-efficient enterprise storage infrastructure that is designed to scale easily for fast, flexible response to changing business conditions. Unlike systems that require you to rip and replace technology, the system supports the continual adoption of new technologies. This includes the freedom to choose the right network fabric‒iSCSI or Fibre Channel‒for your environment and business needs.
Storage Center actively manages data at a block level using real-time intelligence, providing fully virtualized storage at the disk level. Resources are pooled across the entire storage array. All virtual volumes are thin-provisioned. And with sub-LUN tiering, data is automatically moved between tiers and RAID levels based on actual use.
Integrated space-efficient snapshots, thin replication and dynamic business continuity software combine to provide high availability for enterprises and the cloud. Data is put in the right place at the right time for the right cost.
- Virtualize your storage environment, optimizing utilization and performance while consolidating enterprise data management
- Move data where it’s needed, when it’s needed, between storage arrays, tiers and RAID levels
- Buy fewer drives and use more high-capacity storage, saving on power, space and cooling
- Protect data against downtime and disaster, and recover to any point in time in seconds
- Easily adopt new enterprise storage technologies without discarding existing investments
- Scale up and out on demand with a persistent, technology-independent hardware platform