Intelligently manage and protect your data
With an integrated software feature set, Dell™ Compellent™ enables enterprises of all sizes to move beyond simply storing data to actively, intelligently managing data. Powerful storage software with built-in automation optimizes the provisioning, placement and protection of data throughout its lifecycle. With the ability to tier across write-intensive SLC SSDs and lower-cost, high-capacity, read-intensive MLC SSDs in a single solution, Dell Compellent flash-optimized solutions can reduce costs up to 80 percent compared to other flash-optimized solutions1 offering flash for the price of disk2. An intuitive management console provides comprehensive monitoring and customizable reporting for capacity and performance of all local and remote Storage Center systems. This unified point-and-click interface reduces administration time by automating repetitive tasks and providing wizards for configuration and administration functions. With Compellent software you can:
- Optimize data placement — Using real-time system intelligence for each block, Storage Center moves data where it’s needed, when it’s needed, based on actual use and performance needs. Dell Compellent is the first solution in its class to automatically tier data from single-level cell (SLC) SSDs to lower cost read-intensive, multi-level cell (MLC) SSDs and traditional rotating disks.
- Maximize storage utilization — Built into every Compellent system, Dynamic Capacity thin provisions volumes for ultra-efficient storage utilization.
- Provide dynamic business continuity — In an environment with multiple arrays, Live Volume acts as a storage hypervisor, actively mapping volumes between systems.
- Enhance data protection — Compellent delivers continuous data protection with advanced snapshot and disaster recovery functionality.
- Simplify management — Manage data intuitively—and automatically—through a single pane of glass with the advanced provisioning and reporting capabilities of Enterprise Manager.
- Unify block and file storage — Expand the capabilities of a traditional file architecture with non-disruptive scaling for both block and file, robust data protection and a single-interface to manage them both.
1Competitive US list pricing from from Gartner Inc, CP Storage, as of June 2013. Market price calculated assuming a discounting of approximately 50% for all competitive systems and Dell Compellent.
2The Dell Compellent all-flash solution costs less than a comparable 15K disk drive solution based on internal Dell analysis in July 2013 with Dell Compellent flash-optimized and spinning disk US list pricing.